Survivor and Author Theresa Flores travels the U.S. sharing her story of trafficking and being a sex slave while living in an upper-middle class suburb of Detroit, Michigan.
At 15 years of age, she was drugged, raped and tortured for two long years. Kept in bondage, forced to pay back an impossible debt as a sex slave. All the while living at home, attempting to keep her family safe.
She attended school during the day along side of her traffickers, only to be called into ‘service’ late each night while her unknowing family slept. Involuntarily involved in a large criminal ring, Theresa endured more as a child than most adults will ever face their entire lives.
Learn more about Theresa and her plight to stop human trafficking by sharing her slave story in the book, The Slave Across the Street. Her human trafficking organization, Traffickfree is focused on building awareness through the S.O.A.P. outreach, speaking at colleges, churches, and more.
Read More: Theresa Flores on HLN
- Hotels help fight human trafficking: Chattanooga company may be first in Tennessee to get certification (timesfreepress.com)
- La Jolla Human Trafficking Accords (philcenedella.wordpress.com)
- Mercyhurst students tackle human trafficking (goerie.com)
- Boardman audience learns about tragic toll of human trafficking (vindy.com)
- Human Trafficking Is Crime Against Humanity, Says Vatican Group (voanews.com)
- End Slavery in Europe (forcechange.com)
- New MSNBC Series- Slave Hunter (msnbc.com)
- Human Trafficking (gzenna.wordpress.com)