According to the Collier County Sheriff’s Office, Dr. Nicholas Franco was investigated after investigators found child pornography files offered for distribution from his internet IP address.
Comcast confirmed that the IP address belonged to Dr. Franco and a search of his residence and computers was conducted on Friday.
Fifty child pornography videos were found on a Dell laptop computer belonging to Dr. Franco.
He was arrested and taken to the Collier County Jail. He has been charged with 50 counts of possession of child pornography.
Dr. Franco, a family man with four children, was a urologist with Specialists in Urology in Naples. He had been on staff with NCH Healthcare since May 2007.
More forensic examinations will be done on all three laptops found at his residence. That could mean Dr. Franco could face additional charges.
- Crime › Former comedian arrested for uploading child pornography (japantoday.com)
- Child Pornography: a French National Arrested in U.s. (dckidsnews.wordpress.com)
- Naples man charged with possession of child porn (naplesnews.com)
- TPD Sgt. Pat Rosney arrested on charges related to child pornography (12:27 p.m.) (troyrecord.com)
- Nine-count federal indictment issued against former sheriff’s sergeant (fox6now.com)
- Man charged for possessing, sharing child pornography (whptv.com)
- Phil Campbell woman, Jefferson County man indicted on child pornography charges (al.com)
- Sheriff’s deputy involved in child porn case due in federal court (fox6now.com)
- Massive porn collection seized (lfpress.com)
- Hackettstown fire chief suspended following child pornography charges (lehighvalleylive.com)