Here is a great story that gives true insight into molestation of a child by father, how it occurs, and how each views it.
In a recent interview with “Nightline,” Tracy Ross, her mother Doris and her stepfather Donnie sat down in Nederton, Colo., for their first interview together to address finally the betrayal that nearly destroyed their family. Ross’s parents’ last names were requested to be withheld to protect their privacy.
Tracy Ross, the senior editor of Backpacker Magazine, wrote a book about her harrowing childhood called, “The Source of All Things: A Memoir,” released last month.
It also discusses how drugs were used to aid the abuse, specifically in this case sleeping pills.
- Stepfather forced boy, 11, to go to bed in straitjacket and shackles ‘to help him sleep’ (dailymail.co.uk)
- What we’re reading: “The Source of All Things,” Tracy Ross (timesunion.com)
- Man, 62, accused of child molestation (ajc.com)
- Tracy Ross, Parents Confront Molestation (abcnews.go.com)
- Cheryl Burke Childhood Sexual Abuse: “I Was Molested” (popcrunch.com)