February 19, 2011|By Craig R. McCoy, Inquirer Staff Writer
SCRANTON – A federal jury Friday found former Luzerne County Court Judge Mark A. Ciavarella Jr. guilty of racketeering in one of the nation’s worst judicial scandals, a crime in which prosecutors said the former judge used children “as pawns to enrich himself.” He used Federal Government subsidized to get kickbacks for sending kids to private agencies.
Read about what Senator Schaefer (who was killed after pointing this out) said:
Are the Family Judges of Arlington Virginia next?
- Ciavarella Found GUILTY! (nasga-stopguardianabuse.blogspot.com)
- Ex-judge who jailed kids for kickbacks convicted (cbsnews.com)
- Even Judges Commit Crimes, Bad Ones (blogs.forbes.com)
- “Jury Convicts “Cash-for-Kids” Judge” and related posts (bitterqueen.typepad.com)
- ‘Cash for kids’ judge Ciavarella sees verdict as vindication (philly.com)
- Luzerne County ex-judge found guilty in kids-for-cash scheme (pennlive.com)
- On the stand, Ciavarella insists he took no cash for kids (philly.com)
- Judge guilty in kids for cash scheme (capitolhillblue.com)
- Former Pennsylvania judge found guilty in kids-for-cash scheme (reuters.com)
- Jury finds judge guilty in kids for cash case (philly.com)
- Kids-For-Cash Judge Guilty (drudge.com)
- Judge Faces 10 Years in Alleged ‘Kids for Cash’ Scheme (abcnews.go.com)