SPOKANE, Wash. — The Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence has released a study reviewing the number of fatalities – more than 700 people killed – in the last 13 years.
The YWCA is a resource for resource for victims of domestic violence and people there and across the state are analyzing this new study, which found there have been 755 domestic violence fatalities in Washington State since 1997.
47 of those people killed in domestic violence incidents were from Spokane County.
- State coalition report: Safety net fails domestic-violence victims (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Near-record number of domestic violence slayings reported (seattlepi.com)
- Rob Hahn: When divorce, custody issues and domestic abuse collide (huffingtonpost.com)
- Vote NOW & Help OK County Domestic Violence Shelter Get Free Commercial (oklahomawomen.blogspot.com)
- Landmark Appeal for Reinstating Integrity of Maryland Domestic Violence Protection Laws (newkingwords.wordpress.com)
- The Signs of Domestic Violence (everydayhealth.com)
- Victims of domestic violence remembered in Durham ceremony (charlotte.news14.com)
- Domestic violence cases increase over the holidays, prosecutor says (pennlive.com)