Today, the White House held a meeting on Domestic Violence and Failures of the Family Courts. In a followup conference call, Judge Susan Carbon promised that the DOJ and the administration was going to look at the issue of family courts taking custody away from parents who raise issues of abuse by the other parent. Baseball great Joe Torre joined President Obama and Vice President Biden, where he related the devastating impact domestic violence had on his childhood. Hopefully the White House is listening to the protests from last month concerning these issues. Past initiative has been the Violence Against Women Initiative. Domestic violence is a form of domestic terrorism that threatens and cripples American‘s in their homes.
- You: Obama to launch initiatives to fight domestic violence (washingtonpost.com)
- Obama And Biden Address The Nation About Violence Against Women (thefrisky.com)
- Obama Decries Domestic Violence (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Joe Torre goes to bat with Obama against domestic violence (cnn.com)
- Obama: No victim of home abuse should live in fear (sfgate.com)